“On behalf of the International Hospitality Institute and the American Hospitality Institute, it is my pleasure to welcome Dr. Elisha Attai as our Global Partner, Board Member, and Chairman, Nigeria.”
Dr. Jeffrey O.
President – International Hospitality Institute
These were the words of the President of the globally known hospitality industry leader.
Commenting on the new post, the chairman, Dr. Elisha Attai said, “I am excited about this new opportunity and chapter in my service to Humanity. I give God all the Glory. Thank you IHI for finding me worthy to pilot the affairs of this great institute in Nigeria along with my dynamic team”.
The economy according to PWC, the global rating agency shows that the Nigerian economy has experienced sharp up-and-down swings in recent years, reflecting large fluctuations in oil prices as the Nigerian economy is dominated by oil opening venues for the hospitality sector.
- Nigeria remains an attractive market for major hotel brands with a strong infrastructure for urban visitors.
- The MICE sector will drive guest nights and overall room revenue.
- The mid-scale market will present the best opportunities for growth.
Hotel room revenue
Hotel room revenue for the five markets as a group will increase at a 5.8% compound annual rate to R50.6 billion in 2023 from R38.1 billion in 2018.
The International Hospitality Institute is a global advocacy, training, and standards organization for the hospitality industry. With offices in various countries, IHI is committed to fostering excellence in the hospitality industry worldwide. IHI will work to improve wage conditions and work climate for hospitality practitioners while also pushing for supportive corporate, legislative, and governmental policies on behalf of the industry’s stakeholders. The global hospitality industry includes hotels, resorts, restaurants, casinos, spas, bed and breakfasts, airbnbs, clubs, cruise ships, theme parks, hospitality schools, hospitality students, hotel companies, senior living centers, retirement communities, REITS, airlines, event planners, transportation companies, entertainment companies, and industry vendors and partners.
The core focus areas of the International Hospitality Institute are:
1. Training and certification of hospitality professionals
2. Recognition of excellence in the hospitality industry through the Julian Star Award which is issued in partnership with the American Hospitality Institute.
3. Function as a think-tank and advocacy organization to influence national policy for the benefit of the global hospitality industry.
4. Function as a bridge and ombudsman between national governments and the hospitality establishments in each country.
5. Establish core operational standards for the global hospitality industry.
6. Establish a unified global Code of conduct for the hospitality industry.
You can contact them by Email: Nigeria@interntaionalhospitalityinstitute.com
Your help to our media platform will support the delivery of the independent journalism and broadcast the world needs. Support us by making any contribution. Your donation and support allows us to be completely focus, deeply investigative and independent. It also affords us the opportunity to produce more programmes online which is a platform universally utilised.
Please click link to make – DONATION