DELTA 2023 – Who the cap fits lead to one potential candidate for governor
NIGERIAN in Diaspora and indigenes from one of the oil rich states in the Niger-Delta area, have thrown their beliefs and called on Delta state political enthusiasts to see the reason why a former Minister of the country should be supported on the calls and quest for the governorship seat come 2023 elections.
This is coming on the heels of their noted and monitored reports from the state in the last months and the way the industrialist has been managing his affairs and paying courtesy calls on leading communities and nationalities in the state.
It is also seen as one of the potential candidates that is not singularly being fronted or presented by any political godfather or leaders and relevant stakeholders but mobilised by a collections of various people and ethnic nationalities in the state.
The interactions by and within Deltans especially in the United Kingdom where the criminologist has business interests showed extensively that the state will benefits from someone of his calibre, knowledge both in diplomacy and business to succeed the incumbent governor bearing in mind that they belong to the same political party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
It seems without doubts that he holds the ace when it comes to managing resources, qualities needed to retain the governorship seat under PDP, national experience and record, (he set up the 12 national universities in the country within the shortest period ever known in Nigeria); consolidate the legacies of the founding fathers of PDP and to drive Delta State’s prosperously evidents noted through his own businesses that spanned the entirety of the state and other places across the country despite the growing economic hardship around.
Speaking to other Deltans brought to the table as observed that every well-meaning member of the state knows that the challenges facing the state demand for someone like Hon. Barrister Olorogun Kenneth Gbagi who is widely connected at the state level, nationally and globally to steered in the right direction. Noting that he possess the tenacity, is fearless and is not just capable of winning the election for whichever party fields him but also well-groomed to deal with issues that divides people and brings in with him the ability to consolidate and sustain the good governance which is being experience in the State.
In one of our monitored meetings in Warri, Asaba and across in Bayelsa State, Honourable Gbagi was seen as a bridge builder, youth job creator, business strategist and one who shared his beliefs repeatedly with party faithful and community leaders that he has a huge responsibility as a stakeholder, party leader from inception and to make sure that PDP does not just remain alive, growing, expanding, united but also fulfilling the mission and vision of the founding leaders in the state.
The state has other potential candidates but not many have bubble out yet independently presented as Hon Gbagi.
You will recollect that over the last few days the state’s top politically elected senators have jumped and decamped to another party. As expert political observers showed, decamped politicians in Nigeria without losing their seats are damaging the electoral processes and destroying the democracy more than any other institutions. The voters go out to vote for a candidate in a particular party, while later the candidate after winning or getting the winning certification decamped. It will be the duty of INEC to remove such a person from office and conduct by-election as the rules applies.
Hence the new crisis in the state with a senator decamping to the ruling national party in the country. Senator Nwaoboshi who is having a political challenge with the State Governor Dr. Okowa had Friday left the PDP to APC. Senator Nwaoboshi was noted to be angry by first to publicly accursed the governor, in May of betrayal for ignoring a zoning agreement which the governor denied knowing and according to him cannot make anyone a governor as that only belongs to God.
The Special Assistant on Media, Mr. Norbet Chiazor, said: “Senator Nwaoboshi seems to have gotten an obsession in recent times, attacking Governor Okowa each time he has the microphone for indistinct reasons.
“Is it smug pleasure or malignant anxiety?
“The senator can live in vain glory under the vaunting comfort of an office made soft by the widespread goodwill and tenacity of Okowa since the 2015 senatorial election.
“But two things are clear. One, Okowa has done well for Asaba, nay Delta North. Two, the governor is more Anioma than Nwaoboshi.”
As the issue towards 2023 continued, leaders and stakeholders of Ijaw ethnic nationality in Delta State have resolved that they support Barr. Gbagi for 2023 as carried by the vanguard DELTA 2023: Ijaw group visits Gbagi, declares support – Vanguard News (vanguardngr.com)
In conclusion without any doubt for now, the cap fits Honourable Kenneth Gbagi as declared not only by the indigenes abroad but those at home that constituted the voters and major stakeholders come 2023 Delta State.
Other potential candidates including Honourable Gbagi are listed below for the race:
- Senator James Manager Manager, 60 is a Fifth-term Senator representing Delta South Senatorial District in the National Assembly. After several years of legal practice,
- 1991 Chairman of Bomadi Local Government Area
- 1992 to 1993 Commissioner for Social Development
- 1996 and 1998 Chairman of the Grassroot Development Movement.
- 1998 and 1999 Manager was the Pioneer Chairman of the Delta State PDP
- 1999 Commissioner for Works, Housing and Transport,
- 2003 elected as a senator. He currently serves as Chairman of the Senate Committee on Power.
- David Edevbie, 57 made an entry into Nigeria’s Political Space in
- 1999 after he flew home from the United Kingdom to assume Office as Commissioner for Finance and Economic Planning.
- 2007 Director of Finance and Administration of the PDP Presidential Campaign Organization
- 2007 – 2010. Appointed as Principal Secretary to Late President Umaru Musa Yar’adua
- 2015, Appointed to serve as Commissioner for Finance
- 2019 Appointed as Chief of Staff to the Delta State Government.
Olorogun Kenneth Gbagi, 58 is a Criminologist, Lawyer, Entrepreneur and Politician. The Former Minister of State for Education and 2015 PDP Governorship Aspirant was the
1993 Pioneer Chairman of Delta Development and Property Authority (DDPA) from 1993 to 1994.
Chairman of Legal Aid Council to support less privileged.
2007 to 2010 served as Minister of State for Education.
To date – creating wealth, jobs and developing the state and nation at
Hailed from Oginibo in Ukpedi sub-clan, Ughelli South LGA – Delta State.
- Hon. Sheriff Oborevwori, 54 is the Incumbent Speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly.
- 1996 Councillor in Okpe Local Government Council in.
- 2015 elected as member of the Delta State House of Assembly.
- 2019 Re-elected Speaker
- Kingsley Burutu Otuaro, 52 hails from Oporoza, Lawyer, Warri South-west Local Government Area of Delta State. One-time Chairman of Warri-Ijaw-Itsekiri Grassroot Peace Front.
- 2005 appointment as Special Assistant on Community Affairs to Former Governor, James Ibori in.
- 2011 to 2014 Commissioner representing Ijaw Ethnic Nationality on the Board of DESOPADEC.
- 2015 Otuaro became the Deputy Governor of Delta State in May, a position he is still serving till date.
Your help to our media platform will support the delivery of the independent journalism and broadcast the world needs. Support us by making any contribution. Your donation and support allows us to be completely focus, deeply investigative and independent. It also affords us the opportunity to produce more programmes online which is a platform universally utilised.
Please click link to make – DONATION