DIASPORA DIRECTORATE: OFFICIAL VIRTUAL LAUNCH OF TINUBU SHETTIMA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS WEB PORTAL – teamtinubushettima.com
Exclusively seen report as below – – –
[Minutes of the Meeting/Event]
1) The meeting was started and chaired by the All Progressives Congress 2023 Presidential Campaign Council (APC 2023 PCC) Director of Diaspora Directorate: Tinubu Shettima Presidential Campaign – Prince Ade Omole (PAO).
He thanked everyone for joining and for working diligently to ensure Nigerians at home and in the Diaspora are constantly getting the message passed across about voting for our Principal – Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu in the forthcoming Presidential election scheduled to take place in February 2023.
The meeting had more than 180 participants across different continents in attendance. The initial start time was delayed by ten minutes which the host apologised for, as the lateness was due to admitting a lot more participants before the start of the programme.
2) PAO welcomed everyone in attendance and indicated that the meeting had been called to launch the APC 2023 PCC Diaspora Directorate for Tinubu/ Shettima website which features functionalities about Asiwaju’s presidential campaign. He also acknowledged that the website has, in its inclusion, arguably the best manifesto ever launched by any Presidential candidate in Nigeria, in our democratic dispensation.
3) Two *very important and prominent Nigerians who were special guests at the launching were introduced* to the participants. They are:
– His Excellency, *Mr Festus Keyamo, SAN* – the official spokesperson for APC 2023 PCC and the Federal Minister of State for Labour and Employment of Nigeria.
– *Chief Adebayo Onanuga* – Director, Media and Publicity, APC 2023 PCC.
Also in attendance and specially recognised were:
– The Deputy Director of the APC PCC Diaspora Directorate; Engr. Yusuf Hussaini and;
– The Secretary; Hon. Ifeoma E. Nwankwo.
4) PAO once again acknowledged and commended the unveiling and launching of the APC Manifesto titled: *Renewed Hope, 2023*. He encouraged all participants and Nigerians, in general, to ensure they get a copy or download one from the Diaspora Directorate website when launched. Emphasis was placed on reading, understanding, and going out en masse to talk about the action plan on various online platforms and in person.
5) PAO personally thanked Asiwaju for listening to the voices of Nigerians in the Diaspora which he said was evident on “Page 72” of the action plan: A special gift for Nigerians in the Diaspora. He acknowledged that it is the first time any Nigerian presidential candidate will include such in any presidential manifesto.
He further stated that as most are aware, there is a lot of fake news on social media. However, what the manifesto has tactfully done is add facts, figures and a proper plan and framework required to rebuild Nigeria – A Nigeria where its citizens will be proud to belong, where growth, security, economic excellence, and much more will be achieved.
PAO once again encouraged participants to read the manifesto/action plan, digest, share, advertise and let everyone know that with Asiwaju, we have hope, not just for Nigerians living in Nigeria but Nigerians all over different continents.
6) Engr. Yusuf (Deputy Director) thanked everyone for joining and stated that there is a great blueprint in the manifesto and has encouraged all to read and digest it, stating that by the grace of God, victory is assured come 2023. He once again welcomed everyone to the meeting.
7) Hon. Ifeoma Nwankwo (Secretary) introduced herself to the participants and thanked everyone for attending the launch and for their engagement. She further stated that the members of the Diaspora Directorate are stronger together and are working hard to propagate and sensitise the masses about Asiwaju. She said the Director of the Diaspora Directorate, Prince Ade Omole (PAO) is enthusiastic about carrying Nigerians in the Diaspora both individually and collectively along in the campaign and election journey.
She further emphasised that she will be voting in February and her vote and the vote of others related to her will be for Asiwaju.
8) PAO reiterated that the APC party has a sellable candidate and manifesto. Although he remarked on the need not to preach to the converted (participants at the launch), he charged everyone to go out and vigorously campaign for our Principal, and also speak to those who are yet to make up their minds, stating that hope is on the way and it will be renewed in 2023.
He said that our campaign should be focused on what Asiwaju plans to do for Nigerians in Nigeria and the Diaspora and that all should desist from engaging in a war of words on social media with the opposition, but instead, defend Asiwaju with the Manifesto/Action Plan as it is loaded with enough required and sellable information.
PAO was also quoted to say “Whatever you do for the campaign, do it within the law and take the campaign to the citizens. The portal addresses all the erroneous talk on social media and clears most issues and unwarranted arguments on social media”.
9) Mr Festus Keyamo, SAN, the Federal Minister of State for Labour, and Employment of Nigeria and the Official Spokesperson for APC 2023 PCC talked about his gladness to be invited to the website launch.
He also discussed how important the Diaspora Directorate is as it is a key Directorate in the APC 2023 PCC.
He was particularly grateful that APC and Asiwaju believe not only in Nigerians in Nigerian but Nigerians in the Diaspora (globally). He asserted that he understands that there are a considerable number of Nigerians outside of Nigeria who will be flying the flag for Asiwaju both for the campaign and the election.
He also talked about how the manifesto targets our current mono-economy (the reliance on crude oil as a substantial means of revenue generation, comparable to other means of revenue generation in Nigeria) as the global oil prices constantly and consistently affect us as a nation and there is the need to do more comparative analysis of how the economy can be grown which the involvement of Nigerians in the Diaspora will be welcomed to proffer solution.
He praised participants at the launch and recognized them as converted Batists. He also enjoined them to go out and preach the gospel of Asiwaju, stating that all the negative stories and fake news about Asiwaju were just repeated lies to make it look like the truth, but they still fundamentally remained lies.
He explained that Asiwaju started his journey in politics with the SDP, he won his subsequent elections, then with AD and the ACN where they got to win back some States.
With Asiwaju at the helm of ACN, the merger with some political parties took place including the CPC and the ANPP to form the APC.
He has never been a candidate or an aspirant and lost an election. The opposition candidates, on the other hand, have lost elections at some point. He further stated that Asiwaju is a natural-born leader, and we are sure that Aswiaju is carrying us all along to a better and prosperous Nigeria for all Nigerians. He has credibility, and capacity and he is competent.
Quoting the Honourable Minister, he said “We are confident in his (Asiwaju’s) action plan. This is the type of template he laid in Lagos State, unveiling a master plan beyond his tenure which is still being executed today and copied by other State Governors. He has done it at the state level, he will do it at the Federal/ National level”.
PAO thanked him for the speech and for taking out time out of his busy schedule to speak to Nigerians in the Diaspora.
10) Chief Adebayo Onanuga – Director, Media and Publicity, APC 2023 PCC, thanked PAO for inviting him and expressed gratitude to the entire Diaspora Directorate and emphasised that the Diaspora Directorate was not created by chance, but it was created after careful consideration and analysis by the party. He appreciated everyone that has and will continually take part in the sensitisation and campaign for our Principal.
He also stated that in the manifesto, Asiwaju has promised to give a voice to Nigerians in the Diaspora, as Nigerians are in their tens of millions all over the world.
Buttressing the manifesto, he said it was a well-thought-out programme where it does touch on the current and future situation in the country, unlike the manifesto of the opposition which is repetitive and some of the things they have proposed are already being done by the current administration under the Leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari.
He stated further that the Asiwaju manifesto promises to improve and ramp up what is already being done in the country, an example is the power sector.
Furthermore, he acknowledged the “Japa” syndrome (meaning to leave a particular location in large numbers) currently being undertaken by our youths will cease and there will be no need to leave Nigeria as there will be programmes and initiatives in place to draw the youths into being self-employed and participate more in growing the private sector economy and become job creators, providing a secure and proper atmosphere for business to triumph
There is also a plan to introduce the student loan scheme which may potentially take away the burden of financial responsibility from some parents. Students polled are both excited and eager to access the loan. This can be achieved when Asiwaju wins the presidential election.
*Comments from the Participants*:
11) Barrister J.K Adebola, the Chairman of the APC UK Presidential Campaign Council and a member of the APC UK Executive, said that having listened to the Honourable Minster and Chief Adebayo talk about the Manifesto/Action plan, he cannot help but marvel on how the thought process employed to capture every facet of the concerns in the country and the solutions proffered to ease the concerns.
He spoke about the importance for Nigerians in the Diaspora to rally around Asiwaju, stating that there are opportunities to vote by proxy when billions of Naira are poured into the Nigerian economy by way of remittances from Nigerians abroad. There are approximately five Nigerians in Nigeria dependent on a Nigerian in the Diaspora; this means that every Nigerian in the Diaspora has electoral value to add to Nigeria.
He further explained that only in Nigeria do you have “one man, one vote” but an average Nigerian in the Diaspora, have five votes (by proxy), this could be a way of “getting back your returns on investment” because “he who plays the piper, dictates the tune”, he quoted.
Lastly, he emphasised that politicians in Nigeria now need to understand that Nigerians in the Diaspora have a voting mandate, either directly or indirectly and that come 2023, especially in his capacity as Chairman of the APC UK Campaign PCC, he, the Executives and members of the APC UK PCC will ensure maximum campaign and voting on election day by members in Nigeria and the Diasporas and Asiwaju’s presidency with Shettima as his vice will come to fruition in 2023.
12) Ms Modupe Adeboye from Canada thanked everyone for coming including the dignitaries for participating.
She stated that one of the things that she is actively doing on social media is to correct the narratives of why people are leaving Nigeria in droves.
She further stated that homelessness in Canada is far greater than homelessness in Nigeria, measurable per citizen and the tax in Canada is astronomical, compared to that in Nigeria.
A lot more examples were cited like the cost of living crisis which cuts across the whole of Western countries. She encouraged participants to do more to challenge and change the narratives on this subject. Questions were asked regarding contact details (and structures) within various countries for mobilisation and other purposes.
PAO thanked her for her comments and suggestions and assured her that the structure is being currently worked on and will be communicated accordingly when finalised.
PAO also stated that “Nigerians in the Diaspora” are not only Nigerians living in the USA, and Europe as many envisage, but also in other continents including Africa.
13) The Honourable Minster, Mr Festus Keyamo SAN and Chief Adebayo individually declared the website open.
14) Chief Adebayo hoped there will be traffic to it. He also reiterated that the media team of APC 2023 PCC will be launching their website in due course.
15) Mr Dipo, the website developer declared that the website is now live, and all functionalities are working as it should. He encouraged everyone to visit the website – teamtinubushettima.com
16) Mr Biola Oshodi thanked everyone and said the launch has been very electrifying. He thanked PAO and the team for ensuring that Diaspora voting was included in the manifesto as this is a major step toward its actualisation.
17) Prince Bidemi Akintude from the UK, expressed his gratitude to the Directorate and enjoined everyone to support the team.
18) Taiwo Ololade Salvador thanked members of the Directorate and the VVIPs present. She reiterated that the manifesto will be like the light that will guide Asiwaju supporters in talking about Asiwaju and this will change minds and convince Asiwaju’s doubters.
19) Adebisi Adewole said that the creation of the Diaspora Directorate is emotional for him as it is long overdue. He also reiterated that a single Diasporan can influence a lot of Nigerians and that what the Directorate can offer is very relevant. He congratulated the Diaspora Directorate team.
20) Mr Victor Akinola congratulated the team and advised that Nigerians in the Diaspora strategise and make every vote count. He further stated that the needful should be done even if it entails getting flight tickets ready to fly back to Nigeria to participate in the campaign and vote.
21) Dr Suberu Ozigis stated that Nigerians and Nigerians in the Diaspora now have the factual message and the action plan embedded in the manifesto to sell to the electorate.
22) Hajiya Aishat Alubankudi stated that although Diasporans are outside of Nigeria, their connection is still very much in Nigeria and the desire to permanently relocate back to Nigeria is very much strong. She further said that she hopes Asiwaju’s government will make necessary changes and carry everyone along including Nigerians outside of Nigeria.
23) Mr Nosak from Ireland spoke about drawing up a list of first-time voters and plans on getting them on the side of the APC.
PAO stated that there are teams on the ground, already in place ringing people and going door to door in every constituency in Nigeria from the Diaspora Directorate, thereby reaching out, not only to the new voters but every Nigerian who is of age to vote.
He further stated that the Directorate’s social media platforms also complement campaigners on the ground. Diaspora support groups are working in polling units, wards, local government, state and national levels to sensitise the voters.
24) Dr (Mrs) Patric from the Benin Republic said Nigerian voters in Benin Republic have been moved to the border (Seme border) to get registered and obtain their PVC in readiness to vote.
PAO further stated that the Diaspora Directorate will work with everyone, not leaving any stone unturned and not leaving anyone or support group behind.
Mrs Ifeoma (Secretary) in her closing remarks, said she is continuing her work in the South East of Nigeria, penetrating the doubters and preaching the Asiwaju gospel and enjoining everyone to do the same in their various locations and states.
*Vote of Thanks*:
Dr Mustapha Abdullahi, a member of the Diaspora Directorate and a seasoned APC UK Executive, in his vote of thanks, thanked the Hon Minister who is the official spokesperson for the APC 2023 PCC, Mr Festus Keyamo SAN and Chief Adebayo Onanuga, the Director, Media and Publicity of the APC 2023 PCC for taking time out to attend the launch.
He also thanked the Director of the Diaspora Directorate, Prince Ade Omole (PAO) for his leadership acumen in putting together a robust plan for the actualisation of Asiwaju’s presidency come 2023, not forgetting all other team members.
Finally, he thanked everyone for attending the launch.
The Director of The Diaspora Directorate, Prince Ade Omole, thanked everyone for participating and tasked everyone to visit the website, download the Manifesto, share, post and include it on all social media and online platforms.
He further stated that the richness of the content of the manifesto/action plan needs to get to all and sundry. He needs everyone to sell it, and preach it and God willing, Asiwaju will be marching into Aso Rock Villa come 2023. We will all vote for him and celebrate his victory next year.
The meeting ended at 21:10.
Tinubu Shettima Presidential Campaign Council
DIASPORA DIRECTORATE: INAUGURATION OF THE TINUBU SHETTIMA PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN COUNCIL
The All Progressives Congress (APC) on Friday, October 21st 2022, inaugurated its Presidential Campaign Council for the 2023 General Elections in Abuja, Nigeria.
President Muhammadu Buhari, Chairman of the council, was physically present at the ceremony, held at the Presidential Villa Conference Hall.
In attendance were the party’s presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and his running mate, Senator Kashim Shettima. The President also unveiled the Tinubu/Shettima Action Plan, named ‘#RenewedHope’.
Also inaugurated were Executives and members of the Diaspora Directorate under the leadership of Prince Ade Omole. Executives and members of the Directorate present at the occasion included Engr. Yusuf Hussaini, Dr Mustapha Abdullahi, and Dr Badeji Lee.
Speaking at the inauguration, President Buhari said electing Tinubu would consolidate the achievements of his administration.
Tinubu Shettima Presidential Campaign Council
Your help to our media platform will support the delivery of the independent journalism and broadcast the world needs. Support us by making any contribution. Your donation and support allows us to be completely focus, deeply investigative and independent. It also affords us the opportunity to produce more programmes online which is a platform universally utilised.
Please click link to make – DONATION