*Anambra State Government Sets Up a Truth, Justice and Peace Committee.*
The members of the Committee are as follows:
1. Professor Chidi Odinkalu-Chairman
2. HE Amb. Bianca Ojukwu-Member / Secretary
3. Dr. Joe Nwaorgu
4. Dr. Udenta Udenta – Member
5. Dr. Uju Agomoh — Member
6. Rev. Fr (Msgnr) Jerome Madueke
7. Canon Dr. Okechukwu C. Obi-Okoye
8. Mr. Charles Oputa (Charly Boy)
9. Dr. John Otu
10. Mr. Ngozi Odumuko
11. Ms Onyeka Onwenu
12. Dr. Joe Abah
13. Mr. Chukwuma Okpalaezeukwu
14. Mr. Sam Egwuatu
15. Prof. Joseph Ikechebelu
The Purpose/Terms of Reference of the Committee
The purpose of the Committee on Truth, Justice, and Peace is to seek a restorative justice approach for truth-telling or real facts, for the healing of the victims of the violence, accounting for responsibility and accountability of the actors, conditional mercy for the repentant perpetrators, restitution for certain losses and rehabilitation of the perpetrators, for the overall aim of restoration of peace and justice as well as the promotion of development in the State, and the region/Nigeria. Given the cross-border nature of the conflict, the focus goes beyond Anambra, and possibly covers the entire Southeast
Specifically, the Terms of Reference for the Committee are
1. To identify the remote and immediate causes of the agitations, restiveness, violence, and armed struggle in the South East since 1999.
2. Document victims/circumstances of death, brutality and incarceration.
3. Identify stakeholders and groups who have played critical roles in the agitations and conflicts, their roles, capabilities and demands.
4. Address any other issue(s) that may be germane to unravelling the extent of the crisis and charting the roadmap for the future.
5. Make recommendations for sustainable peace and security in Anambra state/Southeast.
The Committee shall have a direct reporting line to the Governor or his designee, and will be provided with administrative support. The Committee shall be free to draw up the methodology to accomplish its assignment.
The Committee shall conclude its work no later than 6 months from
Your help to our media platform will support the delivery of the independent journalism and broadcast the world needs. Support us by making any contribution. Your donation and support allows us to be completely focus, deeply investigative and independent. It also affords us the opportunity to produce more programmes online which is a platform universally utilised.
Please click link to make – DONATION