RESOLUTION BY ATTENDEES OF THE SOUTH EAST BRIEFING AND CONSULTATIVE SESSION HOSTED BY SENATOR ANYIM PIUS ANIYIM AT BEST WESTERN HOTEL, PLOT 607 NZA STREET, INDEPENDENCE LAYOUT, ENUGU ON 6TH JANUARY, 2022.
Today, 6th January, 2022, His Excellency Senator Pius Anyim Pius, met with us the Zonal and State Executives of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as well as select political leaders and elders from across Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo States, making up the five states of the South East geo political zone of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The occasion was a special briefing session by Senator Anyim Pius Anyim. The purpose of the session was to consult the leaders of the geo political zone on his aspiration to contest the 2023 presidency on the platform of the PDP. In addition, it was an opportunity for the Senator to acquaint the leaders thus gathered with the progress and outcomes of his wide- ranging consultations with the leaders of the various sections of the federation, on both his aspiration and the general state of the nation.
In the light of the highpoints of the Senator’s briefing, we resolved as follows:
1. We wish to express our profound gratitude to His Excellency, Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State and His Excellency Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State for their outstanding leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party in the South East Zone and their clear articulation of the interests of the zone at all platforms and organs of the party.
2. That the choice of who becomes President of Nigeria in 2023 has become a strategic imperative for the future of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. In this regard, the vision, capacity, experience and disposition of the next president will make the difference about the socio-political stability and economic development of the country.
3. That Senator Anyim, through us here assembled, wishes to express his profound gratitude for the overwhelming warmth and understanding which leaders across the nation showed to him and his aspiration throughout his wide-ranging and extensive consultations so far.
4. That we appeal to the Peoples Democratic Party in the interest of equity, justice and harmonious national cohesion to zone their presidential ticket to the Southern zones of the country and the South East in particular.
5. That the people of the South East geo political zone have earned the right to occupy the office of President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2023 on account of their eminent qualifications and overwhelming contributions to the development of all parts of the federation through the years.
We further reiterate that the choice of a South East citizen as presidential candidate of the party in 2023 will guarantee to every Nigerian a sense of equity, justice and inclusion in the management of the affairs of the nation. In our view, this is the best way of ensuring that we build a nation that leaves no one or group behind.
6. On account of the foregoing, we congratulate Senator Anyim Pius Anyim for the patriotism of his decision to offer himself for national service by aspiring to contest in the 2023 Presidential race. We take due cognizance of his precious record of distinguished and unblemished service as President of the Senate and Secretary to the Government of the Federation. In these positions, he distinguished himself as a detribalized statesman, consensus builder and true nationalist.
We, therefore, unanimously endorse his aspiration with all conviction and enthusiasm and eagerly commend him to the rest of the nation as a worthy leader who will pilot the affairs of the nation towards greater security, unity and prosperity for all citizens.
7. In furtherance of the foregoing, we hereby oblige Senator Anyim his request that we all join him to persuade and reassure every part of the country to do justice to the South East and thereby promote equity and justice as core values of our nation.
8. In assuring Senator Anyim of our support for his aspiration, we wish to also extend the same hand of support and solidarity to all qualified and deserving sons and daughters of our zone with similar aspiration and who reach out to us as Senator Anyim has done.
9. It is our solemn appeal to all the peoples of the South East zone to remain steadfast in the hope that we can all join hands in solidarity with all other parts of the federation to build a prosperous nation founded on democracy, equity and inclusion to the benefit of this great nation.
10. Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
H. E. Senator T. A. Orji Chairman
Chief Duru-Iheoma SAN Moderator
Your help to our media platform will support the delivery of the independent journalism and broadcast the world needs. Support us by making any contribution. Your donation and support allows us to be completely focus, deeply investigative and independent. It also affords us the opportunity to produce more programmes online which is a platform universally utilised.
Please click link to make – DONATION