The silent revolution for good governance has been trending in this part of Nigeria.
Ebonyi State is in the south-eastern part of Nigeria. It is inhabited and populated primarily by the Igbo with the city of Abakaliki as its capital and largest city.
Due to loud noises and positive action for a southern candidate for highest comes 2023, various groups and organisations are calling for considerations. It is with that in mind that the people of Ivo Local government held an open summit and meeting where they came out full blast with a communique.
Below is the details.
We, the Stakeholders of Ivo Local Government Area made up of all the present and past public office holders from the Local Government Area, Traditional Rulers and Town Union Leaders, Leaders of Youths and Women Organisations, and heads of social and professional organisations, have risen from a meeting held under the aeges of Ivo Stakeholders Forum and resolved to issue the following communque:
1. That we have reflected on the level of peace and development in Ivo Local Government Area since its creation and in the history of democratic governance in Nigeria, and have every reason to thank and appreciate the Governor of Ebonyi State, His Excellency, Engr Chief David Nweze Umahi FNSE FNATE for the unprecedented peace and development we have enjoyed under his administration.
2. That we have never had it this good in Ivo Local Government Area before, as the adminstration of His Excellency, Engr David Nweze Umahi has resolved all the socio- political crises that bedeviled our LGA before he came on board, and has given us a fair share of the social amenities.
3. That we also thank the Governor for the construction of Nzerem/ Okue/ Ishiagu concrete road which has been completed and the ongoing Okue River bridge, the 20 km street light, the Ivo Water project, construction of world class classroom blocks in each of the wards, construction of Ogovu/ Etani concrete road, construction of Etani bridge,, construction of Ibegu/ Iyioji 5 km road, Akaeze-Uburu Concrete Road, Ultra Modern Park Ogidi Akaeze, General Hospital Ishiagu, Ultra Modern Market Ogidi Akaeze, numerous empowerment programmes and appointment of our sons and daughters in strategic public offices among others.
4. That we consider it a rare favour and first of its kind , the appointment of two Commissioners from Ivo Local Government Area to head the Ministries of Information and Works, for which we are eternally grateful to the Governor.
5. That we are grateful to God that our own is being reckoned with as one of the best Governors in the history of Nigeria whose governance model is a reference point in democratic leadership.
6. That we unanimously re-affirm our support, solidarity and disposition to the policies, programmes and political inclinations of our dear Governor, His Excellency Engr Chief David Nweze Umahi FNSE FNATE and shall stand with him at all times and in all his decisions.
7. That we applaud the prompt and proactive steps he has taken as Chairman of South East Governors’ Forum to address burning national issues and we commend his brilliant representations on issues of South East interest.
8. That we re-affirm our resolve as a people to stand with our dear Governor and to share in his ideology and vision to move our state forward.
9. That we proclaim as a people that we belong to the Governor; where ever he goes we shall go, his people shall be our people and his party shall be ours. We pledge our unwavering loyalty and inclination to the Governor both in the rain and under the sun.
*Signed by the within named representatives of the Stakeholders of Ivo LGA*
*For and in behalf of Ivo LGA Stakeholders*
Only time will make the decision.
Your help to our media platform will support the delivery of the independent journalism and broadcast the world needs. Support us by making any contribution. Your donation and support allows us to be completely focus, deeply investigative and independent. It also affords us the opportunity to produce more programmes online which is a platform universally utilised.
Please click link to make – DONATION