With just seven days to go until the 31 July renewal deadline, HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) is urging customers in London to renew their tax credits – or their payments will stop.
Tax credits help working families with targeted financial support and more than 1,301,072 customers have already renewed their tax credits.
But 760,157 still need to renew in the next week and are being reminded they can do it any time, day or night, through HMRC’s online services, including the HMRC App.
Angela MacDonald, HMRC’s Director General of Customer Services, said:
“The 31 July deadline is fast approaching and renewing your tax credits is something too important to forget. HMRC support is available at all times of the day and night viaGOV.UK and the smartphone app to help customers get their renewals right.
“It’s fantastic that so many customers have already renewed their tax credits. I urge those who are yet to renew to do so as soon as possible, in order to avoid having their payments stopped.”
Customers can get help and information on renewing tax credits:
- On GOV.UK at Tax Credits;
- By tweeting @HMRCcustomers or posting on our Facebook page with general queries;
- Using HMRC’s App, which is available on the App Store or Google Play Store;
- Using the HMRC’s Online Customer Forum (click on Tax Credits and You);
- Through HMRC’s webchat help service; or
- By calling the tax credits helpline: 0345 300 3900