By Festus Fifen, Abuja
The Minister of State FCT, Olajumoke Akinjide has handed over keys to the beneficiaries of the Abuja @ 30 social housing scheme at Pegi in Kuje Area council.
According the Minister, during the handing over ceremony in Abuja Nigeria, The Abuja @ 30 village was conceived as a social housing programme during the celebration of 30 years of the creation of Abuja in 2006/2007 as a palliative measure for several low income earners, physically challenged and widows whose houses were demolished at Idu-Karmo Area of the FCT
On his part, the managing Director of the Abuja Property Development Company Arc Bashir Haiba, said that the 1000 housing units’ pilot scheme of 1& 2bedrooms apartments are being given to its beneficiaries at 50% construction cost under the rent to own scheme with 25% down payment and the remaining 75% percent spread over a period of about 11 years.
He announced that so far about 579 units completed in two phases and ready for its occupiers. The first phase which has 527 units was funded by donations received during the celebrations and the addition 48 units from payments received from the proceeds from the 527 units allocated.
High point was the presentation of keys to beneficiaries by the minister