The YES NIGERIA MOVEMENT, have been following the recent happenings and developments in Nigeria carefully over the past few months, we have viewed with serious concern the agitations from various groups as well as joining others’ in condemning the rapid increase in poverty levels, high rate of unemployment, lack of infrastructure development, rising trend of ethnic and religious divisions and violence, high profile killings, phenomenal increase in the rate of crime, militia activities across the country and corruption, and unarguably, the unreasonably slow or rather lack of intervention and policies to improve the security of lives and properties of Nigerians, including the welfare of Nigerian citizens, both at home and abroad.
In the light of these painful realities, having critically analysed the state of the nation and imminent outbreak of law and order, the YES NIGERIA MOVEMENT wish to state and add our position to the call on government to consider the yearning for restructuring within a national acceptable framework and the way forward to ensure good governance for the well-being of Nigerians as follows.
1. At this time of our fragile history, we need to go back to the drawing table and consider what bounds us together for a united Nigeria and country.
2. That we must remind Nigerians of the generous natural resources available among the states, which are resources many countries needs to build a greater Nation,and are not so blessed, yet are still able to utilize what they have judiciously for the well-being..
3. That with the increase in population of Nigeria, the level of civilization and socialization, allowing the states to be contributing to the centre as was the case. This will balance development in the regions and ensure an all inclusive governance, as can be seen in the cry of marginalization and agitations across the country.
4. That the result and recommendations from last national conference need to be examined, where necessary adopted.
5. That the issue of religious, ethnic, herdsmen/farmers clashes will be greatly minimized if this call is granted. There is wisdom in applying a constitution drafted by the electorates in modern day Nigeria and in a Democratic civilian administration.
The YES NIGERIA MOVEMENT calls on all Nigerians to remain law abiding, security conscious and proud citizens of Nigeria. To support the liberation of Nigeria from the hands of bad leaders and the few privileged elites who are determined to hold Nigeria perpetually to ransom.
This movement understands the plights of Nigerians and is determined to partake in remedying the situation by encouraging and projecting credible candidates in the coming elections.
We therefore advise Nigerians to join and support the movement irrespective of tribe, religion or political orientation, whether you are resident in Nigeria or in the Diaspora.
YES, Nigeria must be great again!
Every Nigerian must be involved.
Endeavour to get your PVC.
God bless Nigeria.