“I have not agreed. Please report well”~ OGD
There was a resolution I picked from the meeting:
1. The meeting agreed that my resignation from the PDP was in order
2. The meeting vehemently disagreed with my decision to quit partisan politics.
3. The meeting raised a motion that I should lead them into APC which motion was unanimously adopted.
4. I earlier on in my speech said that I have freed them and they can choose to stay in the PDP or join APC or any other party of their choice since I have decided to be non partisan to which they all responded that APC is their choice having worked for Dapo Abiodun on my instruction.
5. Mrs Apampa In her closing speech then propounded the Duck theory literally meaning that they will move ahead to APC and will drag me along behind them. I made no further comments and the meeting ended.
Summary is that whereas our people are free to move, I am yet to decide finally if I want to reenter partisan politics having just quited.
Kindly let all reports of the meeting be accurate along those lines.
Otunba Gbenga Daniels
It will be recalled that the former givernor, had few days before the gubernatorial elections directed and collapsed his structure to support the newly elected Governor of the state, Prince Dapo Abiodun of APC.